The following are eligible for membership of ESK subject to approval by the ESK Board:
- All Monitoring and Evaluation professionals/practitioners who have had formal training on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- All professionals/ practitioners who have experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, subject to an accreditation process to be drafted by the Executive Board and approved at an Annual Meeting.
- All persons interested in Monitoring and Evaluation and who meet the basic qualifications as may be defined and approved through the annual General Meeting.
- All ESK founder members.
- Maintain such ethical standards and does not conduct him/her self in a way that will bring his/her name, others or the profession into disrepute such as acts that are prejudicial to the good image of ESK and its members.
APPLICATION FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
- Any person who desires to become a member of the Society shall apply to the Executive Committee by filling in the requisite forms, which may be obtained from the Secretary or availed in such other prescribed form as the Society may from time to time determine.
- The Executive Committee shall consider the application and if the same meets the conditions for admission into membership the committee shall approve the same and recommend the person for admission into membership.
- All persons approved to be members shall become so upon payment of the requisite dues for their class of membership, which shall be set from time to time by the Executive Committee and approved by the Annual General Meeting.
APPLICATION FOR STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
As you consider applying for, and making payment for the Student Membership category, be reminded that ESK shall ONLY accept payment for this category, upon submission of the following supporting documents:
- A Valid Student Identification Card from your Institution – Scanned copy.
- A stamped letter from your Registrar in-charge of Admissions or Dean of Students on OFFICIAL letterhead to CONFIRM that you are a CONTINUING student in that said institution – Scanned copy.
- An Identification document showing your age, as this category only targets those under 30 years of age – Scanned copy.
- Without these THREE supporting documents, you may have no otherwise, but to register as an Individual Member and pay KES. 5, 000.
- Be reminded that the ESK Secretariat will go the extra mile to CONFIRM the authenticity of the documents that you present as proof of studentship.
CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
There shall be the following classes of membership
- Founder Member
- Individual Member
- Student Member
- Institutional / Corporate Member
The bylaws of the society shall set out further detail with regard to classes of membership including but not restricted to various registration and other fees for different classes of members, and the general and special rights and obligations of the different classes of members.
Upon admission, all classes of members shall have the right to attend the annual meeting and all general and special meetings of the Society. All classes of members shall be obliged to furnish the Society with an address to or at which all Society notices and/or communications intended for such members may be mailed or served. If any member shall not furnish such an address, the member forfeits the right to any such notices or communications.
(b) Upon admission, full members shall be obliged to adhere to professional ethical standards and support the objectives of the Society and shall have the right to contribute relevant ideas for its development.
(c) Once you are a paid-up member, you automatically become a member of the African Evaluation Association (AFREA), enjoying all the related benefits
RIGHTS AND BENEFITS FOR INDIVIDUAL ESK MEMBERS
All paid-up ESK members shall:
- Access to the ESK-owned information portals, evaluation resources, databases and directories.
- First-time consideration for any M&E opportunities (job calls, consultancies, etc.) requested by partners as determined by the board.
- Consideration for ESK representation in workshops, conferences or any relevant forum offered to the Society.
- Enjoy special benefits and/or discounts rates at ESK-charged conferences/trainings and events, as established by the board and be eligible for consideration in any ESK and/or partners’-sponsored scholarships.
- Obtain (on request and through an acceptable financing arrangement) ESK-endorsed (or letter-headed) certificates and/or letters-of-membership recommendation.
- Be eligible for appointment to lead any Committee, Working Group and/or Task forces established by members to assist with governance or delivery of the Society’s objectives
- Be able to nominate members of the Society for election to the Executive Committee;
- Be able to stand for elections to the board, subject to the other requirements for election;
- Vote in elections for members to the board; and
Vote on changes and/or amendments to the Constitution of the Society
RIGHTS BENEFITS FOR CORPORATE ESK MEMBERS
Corporate membership currently provides the following benefits:
- Up to 5 staff automatically become members.
- Gives you access to ESK expertise and information shared in our e-platform.
- Upon request provides opportunity for your organization to show-case your evaluation work in the government-led annual National M&E Week through our collaborations with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department (MED).